Capalaba Sports Club Car Park
- Capalaba Sports Club wanted to increase its Car Parks for Members.
- The areas identified were located around well-established trees.
- There was a desire to maintain all of the existing trees and ensure works did not affect the current ground.
- The Arborist specified that best practice was to do no Earthworks at all as any ground disturbance may affect the health of the established trees.
- TRUEGRID Pro Plus was specified with no disturbance to the existing ground to occur except where the TRUEGRID meets the existing Asphalt Surface.
- To comply with the Australian Standard for car park Slopes the car park was levelled using 20mm angular gravel laid on Geofab with no earthworks being completed.
- The depth of gravel varied from 50mm to 265mm
- The TRUEGRID Pro Plus was laid with a Concrete kerb to edge garden beds.
- Superspots have been used to provide line marking for car spaces
- Once complete Angular gravel was used to fill.
June 2020 MR P.P.’s Deli and Rooftop Southport
The latest installation by TRUDGRID @MR P.P.’s Deli and Rooftop Southport Gold Coast.
The never ending task of increasing a buildings footprint to maximise space and increase profit often weighs heavily on building owners. This installation was unique due to its size and location. Positioned in the Southport CBD on the Gold Coast, MR P.P’s has a zero lot boundary, heritage building on one side, and an inability to connect to storm water without major earthworks.
1. Increase usable space through minimal excavation
2. Provide a solution that can be used as a hard stand for parking of cars and trucks
3. Provide a cost-effective solution that removes dust and dirt without the need for concrete and allows surface water to naturally penetrate the earth thus removing the need for storm water connection.
1. Increased the buildings usable footprint by 150m2
2. Provided an additional 6 off street parking spaces in the CBD
3. 2 hours of excavation and installation completed in 6 hours
4. Saving of approx $10,000 against concrete. No storm water connection required
2020 X Games Bike Park
TRUEGRID helps future site of the 2020 UCI BMX World Championships save a million dollars by eliminating detention pond and providing a high traffic commercial lot at a lower cost than concrete turnkey.In October 2016, Union Cyclist International (UCI) announced that Houston would host the 2020 UCI BMX World Championships—the world’s largest BMX racing competition—at the yet unbuilt North Houston Bike Park. The Park is part of a 30-acre extreme sports complex that can seat approximately 3,500 guests as a $13-14 million extension of North Houston Skate Park, the largest skate park in North America.
In order to accommodate the anticipated audience that comes with an Olympic-level event, TRUEGRID PRO PLUS was used in the construction of 175,000 sf of 100% permeable parking lots.
Parkway Bakery Car Park
Leading the way to reduce flooding in their neighborhood, the iconic Parkway Bakery (voted to NY Times 50 best sandwich list for their po’boys) was the first to install the 100% permeable TRUEGRID system. Using an 8” base for detention, the lot has helped Parkway weather several storms without flood damage since the installation in 2015.
Marine Biology Building low impact car park (University of California)
Riel Restaurant customer car park
Heavy Vehicle Parking and Storage:
Storage Lot – 100% Land utilisation
Parking lot 1 had old cracked concrete, serious flooding and pooling issues and needed to be replaced. Remediation was needed for contaminated soil under and around the lot from old industrial activity on the site.
Parking lot 2 was to be redesigned to remove torn up asphalt as well as replace some of the green space that was needed for parking. Budget and expensive land made retention/detention and drainage a costly proposition.
Autonation 11,000 sq mt car storage yard
Storage facility with a $5 million saving
He took his plan, did a Google search for permeable pavers, and chose TRUEGRID over all other options. Working hand-in-hand with TRUEGRID, his civil engineers calculated that the entire site’s detention volume requirements could be met with 8″of sub-base under the TRUEGRID surface. The base and fill material was locally sourced 3/4″ limestone. The land was graded with a slight slope so any minimal storm water that did not infiltrate the sub-soils could be sheet flowed toward the rear of the property. A porous pinpoint fabric was also used between the soil and the sub-base rock for added stabilization of the clay soils.
Low Maintenance industrial Equipment Yard
Overflow and event parking:
Grass Driveway and Parking Honey Bee Ranch
After some careful research, TRUEGRID was determined to be the right choice. By utilizing TRUEGRID for their parking, and following the grass fill specifications, Honey Bee Ranch was able to “do it themselves”. They solved their parking woes with a parking lot that literally disappears within the natural beauty of the space. They were also able to avoid permitting issues that would come with impervious surfaces and eliminate the extra cost of added drainage elements. The grass parking lot’s runoff coefficient was the same as the surround meadow land.